For homes with no ductwork (using window air conditioners or no air conditioning), ductless splits (also known as mini-splits) offer a QUIET, efficient & safe alternative.
Ductless splits offer a cost-effective, QUIET and simple solution to your "spot" cooling or unique load situation.
Ductless mini split air-conditioners have numerous potential applications and advantages. They are perfect for both home and business applications. These air conditioners are more efficient and easier to maintain than room air conditioners and PTAC's (Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner). They are available in floor mounted, wall mounted, ceiling cassettes, ceiling suspended and in single zone, and multi zone units covering up to 8 rooms. This gives you the ability to only run the air conditioner in areas being occupied and keep different comfort levels in different rooms.
Whether renovating your home or building a new one, in a hot or cold climate, you can end the struggle of cost vs. comfort: use only the exact amount of energy needed to maintain comfort. With a wide range of ENERGY STAR® qualified, whisper-quiet indoor systems delivering allergen filtration that actually cleans the air, Mitsubishi Electric systems are the right choice for your home comfort needs.
Mr. Slim Vs. Central AC
Central A/C Negatives:
- Research in state studies consistently find duct leakage with energy loses up to 30%
- Over time mold, dust, and spores develop.
- If installed after the house was built duct work will need to run through closets.
- Outside and inside units have much higher sound levels and require a larger footprint.
- Upon compressor start the power consumption is much greater reducing efficiency.